Ordering no. 2/2020 MILITARY regarding measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Official Gazette no. 232 / 21.03.2020)
The following measures shall enter into force starting March 22, 2020, at 22.00:
– The activity in the dental medicine offices is temporarily suspended. By exception, emergency dental interventions are allowed.
– Temporarily suspend the retail activities of products and services in shopping centers (malls, commercial galleries, markets) in which several economic operators operate, except for the sale of food, veterinary or pharmaceutical products and cleaning services.
– The movement of persons outside the home/household is carried out only in compliance with the general measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to avoid the formation of any group larger than 3 persons who do not live together.
– Between 6.00 and 22.00, it is recommended that the movement of persons outside the home/household be carried out only for the following reasons:
a) travel in professional interest, including between the home/household and the place/places of the professional activity and back;
b) the movement to provide goods that cover the basic needs of the persons and the pets, as well as goods necessary for the professional activity;
c) the travel for medical assistance that cannot be delayed nor carried out remotely;
d) displacement for justified reasons, such as caring/accompanying the child, assisting elderly, sick or disabled persons or death of a family member;
e) short trips, near the house/household, related to the individual physical activity of the people and the needs of the pets / pets.
– Between 22.00 and 6.00, the movement of persons outside the home/household is allowed only for the reasons set out above.
– In order to verify the reason for moving in the professional interest at night, the persons are obliged to present, at the request of the personnel of the authorized authorities, the legitimacy of service, the certificate issued by the employer or a statement on their own responsibility.
In order to verify the reason for the trip in personal interest at night, the persons are obliged to submit, at the request of the personnel of the authorized authorities, a declaration on their own responsibility, completed in advance.
– The declaration on its own responsibility must include the first and last name, date of birth, address of the home/household/place of professional activity, the reason for the move, the date of completion and the signature.
– The personnel from the Presidential Administration, the Parliament of Romania, the Government of Romania, the Public Ministry, the institutions of the national defense system, public order and national security, the diplomatic corps and the personnel providing public utility services are exempt from these provisions.
– It is forbidden to enter the territory of Romania, through the crossing points of the state border, of foreign citizens and stateless persons, except for the situation in which they transit the territory of Romania by transit color organized by agreements with the neighboring states.
– By exception, foreign citizens and stateless persons belonging to the following categories are allowed to enter the territory of Romania:
a) they are family members of Romanian citizens;
b) are family members of the citizens of other Member States of the European Union or of the European Economic Area or of the Swiss Confederation, residing in Romania;
c) are persons who hold a long-stay visa, a residence permit or a document equivalent to the residence permit issued by the Romanian authorities according to the Government Emergency Ordinance no. 194/2002 regarding the regime of foreigners in Romania, republished, with subsequent amendments and completions, or a document equivalent to them issued by the authorities of other states, according to the law of the European Union;
d) are persons traveling in professional interest, evidenced by the visa, residence permit or other equivalent document;
e) is diplomatic or consular personnel, personnel of international organizations, military personnel or personnel who can provide humanitarian aid;
f) are passengers in transit, including those repatriated as a result of granting consular protection;
g) are passengers traveling for imperative reasons (medical or family);
h) are persons who need international protection or for other humanitarian reasons.
Other measures coming into force starting March 21, 2020:
– Individuals isolated at home, as a measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19, who leave the place where they were placed, without the approval of the competent authorities, are considered persons with an increased risk of contagiousness and are led by public order forces and placed in institutionalized quarantine, under guard. These persons are not exempt from civil or criminal liability.
The quarantined persons, as a measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19, who leave the place where they were placed, without the approval of the competent authorities, are quarantined for a new period of 14 days. These persons are not exempt from civil or criminal liability. These persons are not exempt from civil or criminal liability.
– The authorities of the local public administration have the obligation to identify and keep records of persons over 65 years of age, without supporters or other form of assistance, and to ensure their support in order to minimize their exposure outside the houses.
– Services can be celebrated in the places of worship by the church/religious servants, without the public access, the jobs can be transmitted in the media or online.
– Liturgical/religious acts of private character (baptism, weddings, funerals), which can be attended by a maximum of 8 persons, as well as the sharing of the sick believers in the hospital or in their domicile.
Ionut is the Managing Partner and the founder of Tax Representation. He is a Fulbright scholar, holding a B.A. Finance, a JD and a MS in International Tax at Bentley University. Ionut has 20 years of experience in Romanian and international tax with a focus on foreign investments into Romania, tax controversy and litigation, M&A and international tax structuring.